JL Merrow's Top 5 Heroes + Giveaway
JL Merrow shares 5 favorite paranormal heroes!
1. Thomas Nightingale from Ben Aaronovitch’s Rivers of London series, which I rave about to anyone who will stand still long enough. The “voice” of the series is actually young mixed-race British policeman Peter Grant, and his witty, modern and earnest narration is a joy, but Nightingale is a good, old-fashioned (in more ways than one) tragic hero: the last wizard left in Britain, until he took on Peter as his apprentice.
2. Victor Bayne from Jordan Castillo Price’s Psycop series. A medium scarred by his experiences—he was hospitalized as a teen, until they realized he really could see dead people—and now working as a cop, he’s an engagingly flawed narrator with a very hot boyfriend!
3. Percival Whyborne from Jordan L Hawk’s Whyborne & Griffin series. He’s a powerful magic practitioner in an alternative Victorian age and, although not actually British, is certainly repressed enough to be! He’s also engagingly flawed.
4. Harry Dresden from Jim Butcher’s Dresden Files. He’s a down-at-heel private eye—who does magic. And you have to love that strong, witty first person narration.
5. Felix Castor from Mike Carey’s eponymous series. Dark, haunted and flawed.
Rock Star Lit is pleased to announce our Page-Turning Paranormal contest for Summer of 2016!
Enter below to win ebooks, signed books, gift cards, paranormal DVDs, Tarot Cards or a Psychic Reading! (Contest Ends: 8/31/16)
Featuring these great authors:
a Rafflecopter giveaway