The Top 5 Superpowers
Greetings, Night Owl Reviews readers! My name is Asta Idonea, and I am here today to introduce my new m/m gay romance superhero book, Super For You, Bad For Me. One of the big draws with superhero-dom is, of course, the superpowers. In choosing which special talents to award Oswell (and his nemesis) in Super For You, Bad For Me, I naturally had to go with what I needed to use in order to advance the plot and make the story work. However, if I were to acquire superpowers myself, my choices might be different. Here’s a list of what superpowers I would pick and why.
1) Immortality—Okay, maybe you could argue this isn’t exactly a ‘power’, but it is the thing I want most in all the world. Imagine all that extra reading and writing time if you could live forever!
2) Telekinesis—As Oswell discovers in my m/m romance book, this is a pretty flexible, all-purpose power. You can fly different objects around the room—even yourself in the right circumstances. Ought to come in handy.
3) Invisibility—Lots of uses for this one, from the benevolent to the selfish. If I could turn invisible, I’d probably become a super spy. Cue spy-show theme music!
4) Flying—If you can’t get telekinesis, even just flying on its own would be fun. I’d love to be able to see the world from above. Plus, it offers a quick commute or a handy way out of trouble.
5) Pyrokinesis—Who doesn’t love a good fire? With this power, you’d certainly be popular on camping trips. (Not that I’ve ever camped myself—too many bugs.) It might even save your life if you found yourself lost in the wild.
What about you? If you could have one superpower, which would you choose and why?
Super for You, Bad for Me (a superhero m/m romance book)
14 August 2018
M/M Romance Book, Fantasy, Superheroes
Struggling actor Oswell Outterridge thinks he’s hit the jackpot when he’s chosen to play a scene opposite his idol, Kane Teague, in a superhero movie. However, things take an unexpected turn when the slime he accidentally ingests gives him telekinetic powers. Then Kane asks him out, against all expectation, and it seems that life couldn't get any better—aside from the little matter of keeping his identity secret from his celebrity boyfriend. Oswell goes from a nobody with little social life and few prospects for the future to dating the man of his dreams and using his superhuman abilities to defend innocents. Everything is perfect, and it seems he’s finally achieved a happily ever after worthy of the silver screen. But when a supervillain arrives, determined to defeat Oswell and win Kane's affections, everything falls apart. In the ensuing conflict, Kane gets caught in the crossfire, and Oswell faces his toughest fight yet. Can he remain the hero he’s always imagined himself, or will a dark desire for vengeance change him forever?
Asta Idonea (aka Nicki J Markus) was born in England but now lives in Adelaide, South Australia. She has loved both reading and writing from a young age and is also a keen linguist, having studied several foreign languages.
Asta launched her writing career in 2011 and divides her efforts not only between MM and mainstream works but also between traditional and indie publishing. Her works span the genres, from paranormal to historical and from contemporary to fantasy. It just depends what story and which characters spring into her mind!
As a day job, Asta works as a freelance editor and proofreader, and in her spare time she enjoys music, theatre, cinema, photography, and sketching. She also loves history, folklore and mythology, pen-palling, and travel, all of which have provided plenty of inspiration for her writing.
Romance Author Blog: http://www.nickijmarkus.com